Truth-Saves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prophecies that did NOT come true. -Need some help-

4 posters

Go down

Prophecies that did NOT come true.  -Need some help- Empty Prophecies that did NOT come true. -Need some help-

Post  Dont_Vote_Palin Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:19 pm

I cannot seem to find any reliable, non-biased websites on prophecies. It's either Mormon sites, or an Atheist forum that doesn't really provide a clear timeline of detailed prophecies that did not live up to the hype. I was wondering if anyone could help me by listing a few, or posting a link.

I have this dumbass I'm trying to talk some sense into, but the idea of the New Testament confirming the Old Testament's predictions seems infallible to her. I try to point out that the logic is equivalent to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets predicting that Voldemort would return, and the Half-Blood Prince book confirms that prediction, yet she just isn't getting it. Because of this, I have decided to resort to another offensive angle, in which I will present prophecies that turned out to be false, thus trivializing the entire idea and degrading it to a scenario of chance.

Any info someone can provide would be appreciated. Thanks!
Dont_Vote_Palin
Dont_Vote_Palin

Back to top Go down

Prophecies that did NOT come true.  -Need some help- Empty Re: Prophecies that did NOT come true. -Need some help-

Post  Clint Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:12 am

Hi Dont_Vote_Palin,

I suggest you go here, as we've recently put up a page in the "Bible" section of Truth-Saves.com that highlights just a few of the prophecies and claims made in the Bible that have yet to come true (and are likely never to) or have been false and failed:-)

Best of luck with your friend. Even if you make no head-way with them - making their religion look like a joke that it is in public does absolutely no harm what so ever. If people don't want to be laughed at for what they believe, then they shouldn't have such stupid beliefs - simple.

Cheers,
Clint
Clint
Clint
Admin

http://www.truth-saves.com

Back to top Go down

Prophecies that did NOT come true.  -Need some help- Empty Re: Prophecies that did NOT come true. -Need some help-

Post  Niels Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:15 am

The Onion wrote:

Israelites Sue God For Breach Of Covenant

The Israelites are seeking $4.2 trillion in punitive and compensatory damages.

"My client, the Children of Israel, entered into this covenant with the Defendant in good faith. They were assured, in writing, that in exchange for their exclusive worship of Him, they would be designated His chosen people and, as such, would enjoy His divine protection and guidance for eternity," said Marvin Sachs, the Manhattan attorney bringing the suit on behalf of the Israelites. "Yet, practically from the moment this covenant was signed, the Defendant has exhibited a blatant and willful disregard for its terms."
Further reading: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28676
Niels
Niels

Back to top Go down

Post  SyntheticSylence Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:26 am

Niels wrote:
The Onion wrote:

Israelites Sue God For Breach Of Covenant

The Israelites are seeking $4.2 trillion in punitive and compensatory damages.

"My client, the Children of Israel, entered into this covenant with the Defendant in good faith. They were assured, in writing, that in exchange for their exclusive worship of Him, they would be designated His chosen people and, as such, would enjoy His divine protection and guidance for eternity," said Marvin Sachs, the Manhattan attorney bringing the suit on behalf of the Israelites. "Yet, practically from the moment this covenant was signed, the Defendant has exhibited a blatant and willful disregard for its terms."
Further reading: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28676

That is AWESOME!

Of course, God would just reply that it was the Children of Israel that disregarded the terms of the Covenant so he was no longer binded in those instances.

EDIT:
"Where was Marvin Sachs when I created the Heavens and the Earth? Where was Marvin Sachs when I laid the cornerstone of creation, and all the morning stars sang together? Can Marvin Sachs bind the influences of the Pleiades and loose the bands of Orion? Can Marvin Sachs call forth the snow or the small rain or the great storm?" the statement read. "He should not be so quick to sit in judgment, he who knows not the ordinances of Heaven nor their dominion of the Earth."

Added Harrigan: "We'll agree to minor malfeasance. The Creator pays you a token $15,000 settlement, plus your filing fees, and we go easy on you."

AWESOME!
SyntheticSylence
SyntheticSylence

Back to top Go down

Post  Dont_Vote_Palin Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:53 pm

Clint wrote:Hi Dont_Vote_Palin,

I suggest you go here, as we've recently put up a page in the "Bible" section of Truth-Saves.com that highlights just a few of the prophecies and claims made in the Bible that have yet to come true (and are likely never to) or have been false and failed:-)

Best of luck with your friend. Even if you make no head-way with them - making their religion look like a joke that it is in public does absolutely no harm what so ever. If people don't want to be laughed at for what they believe, then they shouldn't have such stupid beliefs - simple.

Cheers,
Clint

Thanks for the link, that was exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, as of now, I have removed all forms of contact with her, for I was presenting laboratory data for Macro-Evolution, and she started denying base and retroviral insertions of information, which pissed me off. She wouldn't shut up, so I just called her a moron, and told her to get the fuck out of the chat.

You can say I lost my temper, lol. After a couple months of being smeared as a Godless murderer, my patience was running thin. Btw, I like the last sentence in your reply. =P
Dont_Vote_Palin
Dont_Vote_Palin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum