Akuma9 - Atheist

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Akuma9 - Atheist

Post  Sawatsky on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:02 pm

I didn't say he believe in God, I said he believed in a higher power. I also keep up on science too. Probably more than most. But also, the Bible never said that the earth is 6,000 years old. It just said how it was created. That's all. And God, or for your sake any sort of creator, was not human.

Sawatsky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Niels on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Sawatsky wrote:I didn't say he believe in God, I said he believed in a higher power. I also keep up on science too.
If you call physics a "higher" power, then yes, Einstein believed in it. That's quite a stretch though for defining "higher".
But also, the Bible never said that the earth is 6,000 years old.
According to many Christians, the Bible does say so. They follow the linage all the way from Adam and Eve to Jesus, and that amounts to between 4000 and 8000 years.
It just said how it was created. That's all.
Indeed, it does tell us how it was created - twice. Genesis 1 and 2 give two contradicting accounts of the order of creation - and both are wrong.
And God, or for your sake any sort of creator, was not human.
I never doubted that.
Niels

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dont_Vote_Palin on Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:44 pm

I was wondering what someone thought about anit-matter?
Although I'm considered to be "extremely intelligent" (member of Mensa) and generally very interested in science, the concepts of antimatter, dark matter, dark energy, quantum physics and string theory are beyond my mental capacity.
I know just one thing about all of them: They are not an argument for the existence of Yahweh, heaven or hell. Sorry. Smile[/quote]

I just took an online Mensa test to see what it was, and I got 23 out of 30 correct. Some of those questions I couldn't even begin to solve in my head, lol.
Dont_Vote_Palin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dont_Vote_Palin on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:19 pm

Sawatsky wrote:I didn't say he believe in God, I said he believed in a higher power. I also keep up on science too. Probably more than most. But also, the Bible never said that the earth is 6,000 years old. It just said how it was created. That's all. And God, or for your sake any sort of creator, was not human.

Actually, I think Einstein's beliefs leaned more toward Pantheism than Deism, which is just an emotional/spiritual version of Atheism. In other words, he really just admired the laws and reality of our universe, and how there is much more to it than we had ever imagined in the past.

I feel similar about things when I see forest and grass plains being bulldozed for subdivisions around my area. I have a some-what Pantheistic view on nature in particular. Einstein's Pantheistic views were more about the universe and the laws that exist within it.
Dont_Vote_Palin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top