Truth-Saves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bible and Egyptian literature

Go down

The Bible and Egyptian literature Empty The Bible and Egyptian literature

Post  DavidR Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Does Egyptian literature support the Israelites living 5 centuries in Egypt and the plagues that god sent to get Pharaoh to "Let my people go", the parting of the Red Sea and the destruction of the Egyptian army? Here's what Wikipedia says about archaeological evidence.

A century of research by archaeologists and Egyptologists has found no evidence which can be directly related to the Exodus captivity and the escape and travels through the wilderness,[16] and most archaeologists have abandoned the archaeological investigation of Moses and the Exodus as "a fruitless pursuit"

My understanding is that David Ben Gurion sent Israel's top archaeologists into Sinai to search for evidence of the 40 year sojourn and they found nothing, not a skeleton, campsite, artifact, pot or anything that would indicate the Israelites spent any time there. My interest for this post is whether or not Egyptian literature says anything about the Israelites being in Egypt. Thanks for replying if you have any knowledge in this area.

DavidR

DavidR

Back to top Go down