Truth-Saves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Atheist Plagiarizes Acharya's Work?

2 posters

Go down

American Atheist Plagiarizes Acharya's Work? Empty American Atheist Plagiarizes Acharya's Work?

Post  Thor22 Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:15 pm

American Atheist Plagiarizes Acharya's Work?

"I stumbled across the article below while reading about the survey on Religious Literacy in America and taking an interest in a piece written by American Atheist President, Dave Silverman. While browsing articles on the American Atheist website I discovered what appears to be a serious case of plagiarism.

The following article purports to have been written by one "Edward Kagin," who is a lawyer and member of American Atheists' Board of Directors, serving as National Legal Director.

The comparisons to the original are provided below the quote in blue. As we can see, it's a virtual lift from Acharya's book The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold (1999). "

http://www.freethoughtnation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=21268#p21268

There is something very disturbing about this.

Thor22

Back to top Go down

American Atheist Plagiarizes Acharya's Work? Empty Re: American Atheist Plagiarizes Acharya's Work?

Post  Clint Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:20 am

Acharya did do some fantastic research and write some fantastic articles. I've read many of them. She is very good at demonstrating the many, many correlations between the Christian God, and the many of God's around the same time and before. Kind of puts it in a proper perspective.

Bummer about the plagiarism though. It's kind of simple - if you didn't write it, don't take credit for it. It's not like you can't use it - you just have to say where you got it from.
Clint
Clint
Admin

http://www.truth-saves.com

Back to top Go down

American Atheist Plagiarizes Acharya's Work? Empty Re: American Atheist Plagiarizes Acharya's Work?

Post  Thor22 Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:45 pm

I agree with you. It is a bummer because after reading through that thread at Acharya's forum all they were asking for was proper citation. They didn't want the article taken down. in fact, they were offering to work WITH the AA. They were hoping that they would post Acharya's mythicist position. Rather than provide the proper source, they removed the article completely; proving the point in that thread.

* I posted a thread here on her mythicist position here
https://truth-saves.forumotion.com/your-religious-views-f6/the-mythicist-position-t52.htm

Last edited by Thor22 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added mythicist position link)

Thor22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down