Truth-Saves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A definition of Religion

+2
SyntheticSylence
Niels
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A definition of Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: A definition of Religion

Post  Dont_Vote_Palin Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:23 pm

SyntheticSylence wrote:Do you have a definition for religion?

Sure.

Religion- (Noun) A causation for wannabe theologians to troll Truth-Saves' forums, effectively making everyone want to shove their faces onto a burning stove.

(Verb) The killing, murdering, or mutilation of knowledge, reason, rationale, intellectual honesty, and especially
healthy, on-topic debates.
Dont_Vote_Palin
Dont_Vote_Palin

Back to top Go down

Post  SyntheticSylence Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:26 pm

So if you're not serious why do you bother? The topic here is the definition of religion, if you have nothing to add, leave.
SyntheticSylence
SyntheticSylence

Back to top Go down

Post  Dont_Vote_Palin Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:58 pm

SyntheticSylence wrote:So if you're not serious why do you bother? The topic here is the definition of religion, if you have nothing to add, leave.

Oh wait, you were being serious with all those posts you made? Oh jeez... I thought you were joking all along, my bad.

In all seriousness though, I lose seriousness once the person I'm debating keeps reiterating a point that's already been refuted. There is no point for anyone to go back in forth with you. Like Neils and Clint have pointed out, you dance around the question, until it becomes trivial. As a result, people quit taking you seriously because you aren't contributing a beneficial argument.

Start debating honestly, and people will take you serious. Are we clear, Sergeant!? afro
Dont_Vote_Palin
Dont_Vote_Palin

Back to top Go down

Post  SyntheticSylence Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:02 pm

But I haven't been refuted at all. No one has bothered to say "my definition of religion covers the reality!" There's been a lot of whining about how "well on the internet we conflate it with theism!" But that's hardly a defense. The internet has a ton of pictures of cats, doesn't make it right.

EDIT: And you can't show me where I dance around a question anyway.
SyntheticSylence
SyntheticSylence

Back to top Go down

Post  Dont_Vote_Palin Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:11 pm

SyntheticSylence wrote:But I haven't been refuted at all. No one has bothered to say "my definition of religion covers the reality!" There's been a lot of whining about how "well on the internet we conflate it with theism!" But that's hardly a defense. The internet has a ton of pictures of cats, doesn't make it right.

EDIT: And you can't show me where I dance around a question anyway.

The internet has pictures of cats, huh? That's cool.....
Dont_Vote_Palin
Dont_Vote_Palin

Back to top Go down

Post  SyntheticSylence Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:16 pm

That it does. Way too many.

It's discrimination against dogs I say.

They also propagate the stereotype that cats can't spell. They can spell perfectly well, damnit!
SyntheticSylence
SyntheticSylence

Back to top Go down

A definition of Religion - Page 2 Empty Man made God

Post  eccles Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:20 pm

Man made "god' and invented religion as a means of controlling people. The ultimate examples of that are Roman Catholicism and islam.

In the case of Roman Catholicism, it was founded not by Jesus Christ, but by the Pagan Emperor of Rome, Constantine I at the Council of Nicea 325 CE as the official Religion of the Roman Empire for political purposes. Most of the fables (doctrine) came from Mithraism, the popular Religion of the Romans at the time. 25th December was the festival of Sol Invictus. The name jesus is derived from a Celtic God, Hesus. The rest is history, very sordid history culmination in the horrors of the Holy Inquisition.

RELIGION POISONS EVERYTHING.
eccles
eccles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2